A List of Books, Software, Services, Consultants and Equipment To Help Your Business Grow
This page has links to many useful resources that a business can use to help it grow profitably.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, our practice will receive a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that we (myself, my associates, and/or my consultants) have experience with all of these companies and we recommend them because we have found them very useful, not because of the small profit our practice makes if you buy something. If you aren’t sure if one of these products are appropriate for you, please call Caroline a call at (the number) and we can schedule a free phone discussion with Caroline about what might be most appropriate for your needs.
Blogging and Website Development
- WordPress: This is the best software for website blogging and for general website design. It is free and easy to customize. This site, like 60% of all websites on the internet, Is built on the WordPress platform.
- Wade Website Design and Marketing: The company that designed and built this website and developed the social media marketing. I highly recommend it. I have known the CEO my entire life (full disclosure: He is my uncle).
- HostGator: This is the hosting service we use. Caroline highly recommends it.
- The 4-Hour Work, the best seller by Tim Farris.
- Elance: You can hire a freelancer on this site for any service you can think of.
- Odesk: This site is similar to Elance.
- 99Designs: You can use this service to inexpensively design your website.
- Apache Open Office: The number one open source (free) productivity suite. Many people feel that it is as good or better than Microsoft Office and it is free! CNET gives it a five star review
- GIMP: The number one open source (free) image editing program. Many people feel it is as good or better than Adobe Photoshop and it is free! CNET gives it a five star review.
- Microsoft Expression Encoder 4: The pro version is $199. But the “regular” version, which has some limitations, may be all that most people need and is free.
- LegalZoom: This is an easy, inexpensive online way to form a corporation or an LLC.